Terms and Conditions of Lacus Driver
Please read these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) carefully. By utilization of this service you acknowledge and agree that you have read, understood, accepted and agreed with the Terms and Conditions and that the Terms and Conditions and any future amendments and/or additions thereto constitute a legal and binding agreement between LACUS TECHNOLOGIES, LLC and you.
LACUS TECHNOLOGIES LLC
is licensed to and does not dispatch taxicabs. It is merely connecting taxi operators to duly licensed fleets and garages that have taxicabs available for lease. LACUS TECHNOLOGIES LLC does not make any representations as to the condition of the taxicabs that are leased and whether the lease fees that are charged have been computed in accordance with the rules and regulations promulgated by the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission and all other agencies having jurisdiction over the operation of taxi cabs.
- You possess both a valid operator’s license and a valid taxicab operator’s license. You fully understand that you cannot operate a taxicab unless you possess both such licenses which must remain in good standing at all times while operating a taxicab.
- You will provide LACUS TECHNOLOGIES LLC with copies of your operator’s license and taxicab operators “hack” license as well as any other proof of identity reasonably requested.
- You will only use this service for lawful purposes.
- You shall obey all laws and regulations related to and/or pertaining to the operation of a taxicab as well as be solely responsible for any and all violations of such laws and regulations.
- You shall be solely responsible for the payment of any and all fines and/or penalties along with any interest due therein imposed by the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission and New York City Parking Violations and/or any other regulatory and/or governmental agency housing jurisdiction over the operation of a taxicab which are imposed against the taxicab you were leasing during your lease thereof.
- You shall be responsible for any damage sustained to the taxicab and/or the Technology provided by LACUS TECHNOLOGIES LLC you are leasing if such damage was sustained during your lease thereof.
- You shall be solely responsible for the payment of all toll charges assessed against the taxicab you are leasing during your lease thereof.
- You acknowledge that at the commencement of your lease the taxicab you are operating has a full tank of gasoline and that you will be solely responsible for the replenishment of a full tank of gasoline in that taxicab at the end of the lease thereof.
- You shall be solely responsible for the payment of lease fees to the fleet and/or garage that provided the taxicab you are leasing.
- With respect to payment for completed fares and tips tendered by Credit cards you will seek payment from the fleet and/or garages that provided the taxicab you are leasing. YOU WILL NOT SEEK PAYMENT FROM LACUS TECHNOLOGIES LLC FOR ANY COMPLETED FARES AND TIPS PAID FOR BY CREDIT CARDS.
- You will promptly return the taxicab you are leasing at the end of the lease.
- You may not permit another individual to operate the taxicab you are leasing.
- You shall promptly report any accidents that you were involved in while operating the taxicab you leased to the fleet and/or garage that you leased it from and cooperate with the insurer of that taxicab in connection with any investigation of that accident as well as in the prosecution and defense of any claims that resulted thereof.
- You agree that the service is provided on a reasonable effort basis.
- You acknowledge understand and agree that the Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and any disputes, actions, claims and/or causes of action arising out of or in connection therewith shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of New York State.
4. INTERNET DELAYS:
The service may be subject to limitations, delays, and other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications including the device used by you being faulty, not connected, out of range, switched off or not functioning. The company is not responsible for any delays, delivery, failures, damages or losses resulting from such problems.